Today in my morning meditation it hit me that I needed to increase my moments of serenity. I periodically find my self rushing from one task to another like a hamster on a wheel and need to be constantly reminded to stay in the moment and remember why I am doing it all.
The reminders that cue my serenity are:
- Sharing a moment of laughter and love with those i am close to.
- Laying down for 5 minutes after an hour or more of exercise.
- A bite of flavour so good I close my eyes to savour it.
- The feeling I get checking off things on my list as done.
- Being on the beach with my girls.
- Savouring the last chapter of a good book.
- Time spent in deep, honest prayer.